Saturday, February 22, 2014

Alaina's Birthday and Dresser

 
And I wanted to post the update for the beast. There is an interesting story attached to this picture. After all that puttying it turns out that some of the drawers ended up a little bit too wide for their openings.
Faith works the best- exactly as you would expect it to, Charity is not too difficult, Love takes a little more work but with a little effort it does what it is supposed to, but  Hope is by far the hardest. It turns out that you have no choice but to leave a little opening, and not force it!

Take what you need...

3 comments:

  1. Is Alaina holding the same book in her hands in the 1st and 3rd picture? What book is it? Funny, I guess I see more pictures with her full front face, when the blog first loaded, I thought it was you in the first picture- your profiles are so similar! I love the redone chest, and the commentary even more,

    ReplyDelete
  2. But wouldn't it be possible to just sand down the sides to hope, and then repaint it? I find most of the time hope is help just waiting for the right opportunity to rework the sticky parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book is a "Korean phrasebook and dictionary" they were trying out some of the phrases :)
    I will not tell her that at first you thought it was me- though we are closely related (There is certainly a family resemblance) and I guess in a profile picture you would see less of my wrinkles/ frown lines).
    As far as sanding down the edges- actually I tried that already and it helped a little;
    though it ended up knocking out 2 or 3 of my putty patches So I just repainted those divots without repatching them- ahh one of the joys of shabby chic!!

    ReplyDelete