Saturday, December 28, 2013

A question

I bought a bag with random little
Football helmets at a thrift store
A while back-
I didn't know what to do with them
Especially since not all 32 teams were there
(Eight are missing).
Anyway, Joseph was rummaging through the bag
The day before yesterday, to see what teams it had,
And I noticed that there were equal amounts of
NFC and AFC teams represented (12 a piece).
So I put on my thinking hat today, and took out
Our old checkers board, and was quite pleased
With how they look as checkers-NFC vs. AFC.
I know that you couldn't stack them for kings,
So I cut out little foam football shapes to place
In the grills to signify kings.
Now the question- would Doug and Mark play
Checkers with such a set?

2 comments:

  1. That is really cool!!
    I do not know who would play checkers together the most (probably Mark and Will). But you have a checkers set- so you should leave it set up for those at your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaving set up is problematic, because the dogs don't play checkers, but they do try to jump up and eat the pieces, or at least scatter them everywhere- but Chris actually did consent to trying them out with me yesterday: he won, but the whole thing did work quite well.

    ReplyDelete