Saturday, January 17, 2015

Needs something

Someone was selling this mid-century small dresser and a skinny tall lingerie / jewelry chest for $40 for the 2. I was willing to do it, but Doug said that being a guy the other one did not seem very useful / sellable to him, He got this one for $18.  I already posted it on Craigs list 3 days ago-and got a couple of responses but so far no one has showed up to get it.- One person offered me $40 for it , do you think I should have taken it?
I keep wondering if it would have better balance if I add something like "Paris" or "Bon Jour"  in script. Obviously the handles make the placement a little more difficult, if the drawers just had a center knob I would have more room to play with, but I really don't feel like puttying the holes and drilling  new center holes for an $18 dresser.



2 comments:

  1. You say that the offer was $40- what were you asking when you put it on Craig's list? I understand what you are saying about wanting something on the other side- I wonder if you could do
    Bon
    Voyage
    Cheri
    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it posted for $65. One lady said she would do $ 60, another just said she was interested and that she could pick up on Saturday (no mention of price negotiation), but then I never heard from them again.

    ReplyDelete