Friday, August 23, 2013

Tables, and dressers and benches , Oh My!

What I have been working on:
 




 




These  are the 2 pie crust tables from Debbie; I told you about. They are only 20 inches tall and the tops are 12 1/2 in diameter.  I was wondering if you were going to chide me for touching them because of the leather tops?

One of the tables had a broken (split) leg that required it being disassembled and some wood glue.



A very clear representation of before and after- I am still unsure if anyone will want a matching set.


The sheet music is "Wine ,Women and Song"- a donation from Mom- and yes, she knew I was going to cut it up :)




My current project:  grey shell- thinking of doing old white drawers, but decided to sleep on it.



6 comments:

  1. The one on top looks very familiar- did I give you that one? If not, I remember having one just like it in the living room next to the sofa! You won't hear any fussing from me over the leather; I absolutely love what you did with the table! The use of the music sheet is inspired. I think with the big piece, instead of going white I might goa slightly darker gray, maybe even try a little marbelizing, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha- the top one was in our basement in Manassas 14- 22 years ago; To be very honest with you, Doug and I did not remember where it originated. It was in the garage, so I took it out to play with it. It was missing all but 4 pulls, so I cannibalized a dresser we got for free, to replace it's pulls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the table did come from you, did you want it back now? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dresser and "your table" Sold ($120 for the 2) ...that just leaves the music tables.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful! You see, God is still blessing the work- even my poor old table has found some love- blessed indeed!

    ReplyDelete