Thursday, April 18, 2013

Good Morning

Good Morning.
Here is Will's bag for today.
It is The Pink Panther.
~Background for those familiar with only cartoons AFTER 2003! (Sadly,  I am not kidding about this. I think today's kids, if they recognize him at all, will wonder why I drew the Owens Corning insulation logo/mascot. )

The Pink Panther is the character shown in the opening and closing credit sequences of  The Pink Panther movie series  (which are live action films that have nothing to do with the cartoon character- actually The Pink Panther in those movies refers to a large pink diamond  ).

   "The animated Pink Panther character's initial appearance in the live action film's title sequence, directed by Friz Freleng, was such a success with audiences  that the studio signed Freleng to a multi-year contract for a series of Pink Panther theatrical cartoon shorts. The first entry in the series, is 1964's "The Pink Phink".
The Pink Panther  has starred in 124 shorts (either theatrical or televised), 10 television shows and three Primetime  specials. He's also known as Nathu and Pangu in East and South Asia and Paulchen Panther (Little Paul the Panther) in Germany."- Thanks Wikipedia

On other fronts, today is very grey and rainy here. It wasn't supposed to be according to The Weather Channel, but it is according to my window. But yesterday was lovely, so I mowed most of the lawn. The butterflies (swallowtails?) LOVE our patio/ dog pen. (Make of that what you will, because there are NO flowers in the dog pen.

 



3 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you for the very complete information! For those of us born way back enough to actually remember watching the original punk panther cartoons when they were shown on Saturday morning, I do have a question. I remember there being several other shorts that got played with the pink panther cartoons, like the anteater and the ant. But I tend to confuse which ones went with Pink Panther, and which ones went with Rocky and Bullwinkle. Fractured fairytales I'm pretty sure was R&B, which program did Mr. Peabody and his way back machine go with, Pink Panther, or Rocky & Bullwinkle? I saw this morning that Great Lakes still had a flood alert, so I guess the rain stayed north of us, it has been pretty here all day- good thing because I had another 11 hour day today after being up since 3 am with coughing fits: at least the kids weren't coupled inside all day, especially the new little girl that started Monday when Carolyn decided to move Avah up. Her name is Gracie, she is 16 months old, she has never been in daycare, mom is young (we are talking 18-20) and she screams all day long, especially when I pick up the baby. So now I am sitting on the couch, and I probably won't move till bedtime.Will talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, I am impressed, you are absolutely right about the Ant and the Aardvark!
    Wikipedia has this to say: A number of sister series joined The Pink Panther on movie screens and on the airwaves, among them The Ant and the Aardvark, The Tijuana Toads (a.k.a. The Texas Toads), Hoot Kloot, and Misterjaw (a.k.a. Mr. Jaws and Catfish). There were also a series of animated shorts called The Inspector, with the bumbling Clouseau inspired Inspector and his sidekick Sgt. Deux-Deux, whom the Inspector is forever correcting.
    A new series of cartoon were created in 1993, simply titled The Pink Panther, produced by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Animation, premiered in syndication in 1993, and had the Pink Panther speaking with the voice of Matt Frewer (of Max Headroom fame). Voice impressionist John Byner returned to voice both the Ant and the Aardvark.
    According to Wikipedia A 26 episode TV series premiered worldwide in spring 2010 on Cartoon Network- I can tell you that this series was probably not well received, because I do not remember it , and obviously NONE of the first graders remember it either!

    Will came home today and said " MOM ! The girls were all teasing me because my snack bag was PINK!" I said of course it was pink- It's the Pink Panther, the Pink Panther is COOL!"- He replied "MOM- Stop going all girlie on me!" If you want to draw something pink- send it to Michael!"
    I kid you not :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, by the way, Mr. Peabody and Sherman were from Peabody's Improbable History, which was one of the segments on The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show. They are rumored to be making a Mr. Peabody & Sherman movie to be released in 2014.

    ReplyDelete